Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jesus - Horn of Salvation

This morning's worship theme was Jesus - horn of Salvation. There were a number of brothers who stand up and share.. The word horn is not mentioned very frequently in the BIBLE.. but there are these few verses that were taken for sharing this morning. Firstly, what is the meaning of horn? Horn basically means strength and authority. In the theme, it simply means Jesus is our strength and stronghold of our salvation. Reading from 2 Samuel 22:1-4.


22 David sang to the LORD the words of this song
when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies
and from the hand of Saul. 2He said:
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress
and my deliverer;
3my God is my rock, in whom I take
refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-
from violent men you save me.
4I call to the LORD, who is worthy of
praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
And continuing to the Book of Psalm. Psalm 18.
1I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2The LORD is my rock, my fortress
and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take
refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of
my salvation, my stronghold.
3I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
In these 2 passages, David is crying out loud to the LORD to save him from his enemies and also from Saul. David asked the LORD Jesus Christ to deliver him from his enemies. The song he sang composed of 3 major divisions: 1)the LORD's deliverance of David from his mortal enemies. 2) the moral grounds for the LORD's saving help. and 3) the LORD's help recounted. In Psalm 18:4 onwards, we can see all the trembling fear David is facing. In mercy he cried out!! In the same way, if anyone of us is facing trouble, stress, hunted down by Ah-Longs, lolxx.. i hope not.. cry out to the LORD and ask for his mercy and for Him to deliver u from all this. I'm not asking u to borrow money from Ah-longs then dun return money and then ask GOD to have mercy on u.... nonono.. like that i also want to do la.. ahhaha.. anyway.. Take refuge in the LORD Jesus for he is our rock and our salvation.

No comments: